Eater - All

I’m Skipping the Look Back and Going Straight to Resolutions

December 23, 2019 Admin 0 Comments

A white plate of two sunny side up eggs, a small streak filet, a biscuit with gravy, and a small salad A spread at new Atlanta diner Wonderkid | Wonderkid

From the Editor: Everything you missed in food news last week

This post originally appeared on December 21, 2019, in Amanda Kludt’s newsletter “From the Editor,” a roundup of the most vital news and stories in the food world each week. Read the archives and subscribe now.


Yesterday afternoon, I recorded a segment of our Eater’s Digest podcast about 2020 dining resolutions. I, per usual, didn’t have time to prepare, and my off-the-cuff resolution was to get outside my comfort zone more. Eat at restaurants in far-flung neighborhoods the way I used to when I had more time and fewer dependents.

I still want to do that. But as I sit here starting this newsletter 45 minutes to deadline, thinking about my lack of preparedness for the podcast and the persistence of this feeling of being so often underwater in 2019, my real resolution is to bring more thought and attention and time to the things in life that bring me joy, and to eschew the things that don’t.

As it relates to dining, I want to apply this to the restaurants I choose, the weekday lunches I procure, the people I make time to dine with. Like all resolutions, easier said than done, but I’ll give it a try.

Meanwhile, if you have any dining resolutions for the New Year, please let me know and I’ll include them on the show. As you can imagine, I’m still looking for content. ;)


On Eater

Speckled maine lobster tail sits next to leek cannelloni and dark brown red wine rosemary sauce Alex Staniloff/Eater NY
Maine lobster tail at Le Bernardin

Off Eater



from Eater - All https://ift.tt/2Shs7gZ

0 comments:

Popular Posts